Sunday, January 3, 2010

December Happenings

Eden Rae opening her first gift. She shook it and said "There's nothing in this one."
Jullian Scott, Eden Rae and Papa getting ready to open more gifts.

Evan Joseph waiting for everyone to get to our house so that we could open gifts. He loves his Uncle Adam



Uncle Adam and Evan Joseph. What handsome boys.


Anna Council, Teresa and Paul Strickland, Sheila Cannon in the dark, Claude Cannon at the end of the table, Fred and Valerie Nassar, and of course us. Pic was taken by James Council.




There's James. Had to get a picture of James and Anna!! We were so glad we could all come and fellowship together.





Who is that pretty "Pookie Pie?" We sure do love her and miss her tons. Ash bought her these foot pajama's and she loves them. She doesn't like to take them off.






There is my happy smilin' grandson. Layton Cove 7 months old. He is such a lover.







Eden and her Ma'am. I miss her more than anyone knows. I miss our breakfast time, our reading times, our bath times etc... She was my little friend.









One last hug before she had to go. Gram loves her girlie.








Notice his orange face. He had just eaten a whole jar of sweet potatoes. He loved them.










Papa and his Pookie playing Princesses. Dean misses his afternoon playtime with his girl. This has been so painful. Hoping and praying our hearts will be mended this year.











Brother Chuck baptizing our Kelly. I cried of course. It was so meaningful to be able to see it. We all cheered and clapped and scared poor Evan, but he'll understand one day.











yes, that is me with tree limbs stuffed in my shirt. I was a Partridge in the pear tree, so I put on the tree, flapped my wings and cawed, cawed. I guess I should have cooed, but whatever. Everyone loved it.



Well, we were blessed to see our daughter in-law Kelly baptized at Kings Avenue but... out pictures really didn't turn out. Karey Erickson took a couple up in the baptismal so I'm hoping to get a copy of them from her. Kelly was supported by her family and her small group family. We were all so excited to be a part of this wonderful event in Kelly's life.
Adam was awarded MVP of his football team and he received the Captains cup. Both prestigious awards for him. He also received a letter inviting him to a football combine in June in Atalanta GA. He plans on attending and doing his best. We don't know what God has planned for Adam but this is a dream of his so we're very excited.
I went to the ladies Christmas party at Kings Avenue and they made us all play a game. We had to act out the 12 days of Christmas while singing. Everyone had to pick a sheet of paper and that would be your day to act out. Every day had two people to act out except the first day. Well, just my luck, I got the first day. So I had to act like a partridge in a pear tree 12 times. I'm glad that I've worked with Jason and Randy with the youth so I could just be crazy and have fun. Everyone was still razzing me the next morning at church. I'll probably never live it down, but I'm sure no one will be as creative as I was either.
Ashley came by on Monday, December 20th to pick up Adam. It was the first time seeing Ashley since October. Needless to say there was nervousness on my part. We both came out alive and Dean invited their family over for dinner that night. It was awkward for me and I really tried to make sure I didn't do or say anything that would be offensive. I felt like I had a bowling ball in my stomach. I think it was hard on Ashley's family as well. Dean thought everything was great. It was nice to see the kids. I've missed them so much.
Then we got to hang out with some of our good friends at Smokey Bones and just fellowship together. It's neat that some live far away and some more are leaving but to know we will always be friends no matter where we live. God has brought us together for a season and I am so greatful to be able to call these people my friends. The Cannons from North Carolina, the Councils from Knoxville ,TN, the Nassars who are moving to Texas, and the Stricklands who thank goodness are staying here for now. I have laughed, cried and fellowshipped with these folks for 9 years. Thanks guys for loving us!! We sure do love you.
And on Christmas Eve our whole family was together again to open presents. Eden was a joy to watch. She wanted to open all the presents and she couldn't wait. She went around offerring to help everyone open their gifts so that she could open more of hers. Jullian was wonderful as always. He wanted to be Santa and hand out the gifts. He did a great job and I was more than happy to let him take over the job. I think he should do it from now on. Aaron bought him a fishing pole and tackle box. I wish I could have gotten a picture of his face. He was so elated. Definitely the best present of the night. Layton Cove was very sick. He had a horrible fever and was whimpering the entire time. I felt so bad for the little guy. He's trying hard to stand up at the coffee table. He's crawling all over and boy is he fast. Evan Joseph is a sweetheart. He loved holding the wrapping paper. His mama tried to take it away from him, but he cried until we gave it back. Aunt Ashley gave him a Penn State Dinosaur that moved around and his spikes on it's backs light up. But it plays this horrible DISCO song. But Evan absolutely loved it. I made the most amazing appetizers ever. Everyone loved them. Poor Dean had the flu and so he went to be early and when that happened it kind of made everyone uncomfortable so they all left.
And on December 26th Dean was told that they had fired the other regional manager up in Jacksonville and so Dean has all of Florida again for his area. We are both happy and frustrated since this will be a lot of traveling for Dean but it makes more since than to have two regionals for 10 stores. So He'll be very busy because Jacksonville is a hard area to staff. Keep him in your prayers as he'll be going up there at least once a week for the next several months.
I hope God richly blesses your 2010 and I can't wait to be able to blog about all the blessings God provides for our family this coming year. Much love from Dean and I.


Things are still awkward. I'm sure it will take time. I'm trusting in God to take care of it. I'm leaving it at the foot of the cross because I've let it eat at me for far too long. I have to get back to trying to function and not cry at the drop of thinking about missing Ashley and my grandbabies. I'm praying for healing in 2010. I know God can do all things and as 1 Peter 1:6-7 says I'm being refined by the fire. So I'm keeping my eyes and my heart on God. This is a trial and it's only for a time. May God refine me so that I can be a stronger witness for Him in the end of this.

No comments: