Oxygen tubing, port a potty, and four different oxgen containers/machines.
This is her machine that calls into the house everyday and keeps track of her pulse ox, and her blood pressure. It even talks to her. She also has her breathing treatment machine.
All the oxygen machines and her air conditioner. Well, I'd say I don't have an excuse but I really do. So let me update you on our hectic life as of now.
Of course we had the four football players at our house for 10 days. Who knew that they could really eat that much food. It must not have been too bad since one of them actually posted pictures of our wing night on his facebook page.
On March 20th, they admitted my mother to Brandon Hospital to try and help her with her congestive heart failure. She was in a pretty serious condition. So trying to run back and forth between the hospital and home to say goodbye to the boys was hectic. They tried to put my mom in a rehabilitation/nursing facility for a couple of weeks to try and help her lose some of the fluid in her body and to gain strength so that she could walk, but when she heard nursing facility she said NO WAY!! So she is currently at home with a ton of machines and nursing care three days a week and a physical therapist three days a week. We give her breathing treatments every four hours and trying to keep track of her meds and fluid intake is a daunting task. On top of that I'm still watching Eden everyday for 10 hours a day. So, trying to keep up with life outside of being a caregiver is almost impossible. I wouldn't change it, I may complain about it, but being there to help my mom is a blessing I'm glad I have. Somedays I wish she'd understand how much I'm doing and that I may just need a little break, but I guess that will come in time.
My day starts at 5:30 am and I don't quit working until around 10:00 pm at night. I'm completely exhausted but I make sure to ask God to give me the strength I need to get it all done and not to be snappy.

3 comments:
I have a feeling I will be calling you soon.....
Oh, wow! I guess the saying, "When it rains, it pours!" is true once again..So glad that you guys are doing alright and hanging in there. I've been following your updates on facebook and praying for you lots. Loved seeing the new pics of Miss Eden! We sure missed her smiling face :)
We were blessed this week by having Chloe with us for Easter and her spring break. It made mom really smile to have her here. I'm coveting all the prayers right now. With all the doctors appointments and Eden it's just so stressful trying to maintain mom, a wheelchair, an oxygen tank and Eden and her things. There are days when I'm just completely overwhelmed. Just glad God knows when I've had enough. : ) Love you guys!
Post a Comment