Saturday, August 1, 2009

What's New?

Layton Cove Jennings at 11 weeks. He sits and coo's and plays a little.
Big Sister Eden after waking up from her nap. She loves Layton.


Eden bouncing Layton in the baby bouncer and touching his hands.


He is a happy little guy when he doesn't have a tummy ache. He is still struggling with gas bubbles. But when he's not doing that, he's as happy as can be. He smiles, coo's, he's noticing his little fists now. And he rolled over from his tummy to his back yesterday. What a strong little boy.



Smilin' big for his granny. He likes to be talked to.
Layton went to the doctor this week. He was 24 1/2" long and weighed 12 lbs. Doctor says he's in the 90% for his height and 50% for his weight. He's a little bit whiney, but I think it's due to his unhappy tummy problems. Otherwise he's a doll. Plus I get a kick knowing he looks just like Dean.
Eden is a huge helper. She will help get diapers, his binky and she will watch him while I make a bottle. On the other hand, she doesn't have a quiet voice. She wants to look in the crib when he's sleeping thus waking him up. She gets a little jealous when we have him on his play mat and are spending time with Layton. I have found that if I include her on most things she does better but I have to figure out what to do with her noise level. Her mama says that she is doing better with the terrible two's now that she is back on her schedule of being with grandma and grandpa during the week. She's being nicer and not throwing as many tantrums. Still not interested in the potty. I guess we'll wait a bit more. Although with her growing she is almost out of the largest diapers they make. So she better hurry and get interested. LOL She learned how to spell Eden and is running around the house telling us E D E N. Now I'm going to start teaching her to recognize the letters. Ahhhh... she is such a smarty. : )
Evan is growing fast. He gets cuter every time we see him. His Grandma Vanda will be home from Korea this week and will get to see him in person for the first time. I can't wait. She has gotten to see pics on facebook and she's seen him on Skype but I know she will be so excited to get her hands on him. Kelly's brother Dan and her cousin Spazz will come down on Thursday too so Aaron and kelly will have a full house. Buddy (Dan) can't wait to see his new nephew. I'm excited for all of them to meet this cutie pie. He came to church last week and was very good and slept through the whole service. What a good boy. He looks just like Aaron. Kelly is healing nicely from her c-section but has to be reminded to take it easy and not to overdo.
Travis and Ashley got to see Megan last week. The American Idol tour was in town and so Ashley picked Megan up from her hotel and brought her to the house so she could spend time with Eden. Eden loves her aunt Megan. She calls her Sleeping Beauty. Ashley is inundated with tons of work from being off for maternity leave. She is working long hours to try and get caught up. Travis has been very ill for the last week with the flu and then on top of that he got snipped on Monday. No more Jennings babies for him.
I have been having some chest pains and palpatations so I went to my doctor and he decided to send me to a cardiologist. I had my initial meeting and told him my symptoms. I thought when I left we'd just do the intial battery of tests and then I'd be done. Well, I guess my stress test showed something irregular and so I've been scheduled for a nuclear stress test for Monday. I guess the pump dye through your veins and then they can see if there is narrowing of the arteries or some kind of blockage. Sounds fun doesn't it? I'll keep ya' all posted.
Well, I guess that's enough news for now.

















No comments: