Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life

Well, this has been an eventful week. I feel like I've been rocked a little.
Ashley and Travis are having some issues concerning their son Jullian and we just need some prayer for God's protection and wisdom. They are seeking full custody of him and it's going to be a long hard fight. We will all need to be there for Jullian. Travis is an amazing dad. And I know his heart is just torn apart right now, praying he's doing the right thing.
And then we got the news that my mom's mamogram came back abnormal with bi-lateral masses. So we go to see the surgeon on Thursday this week. She is so afraid and has already asked me if she is going to die. I told her that we all die at some point and that it's just important to know where your relationship with God is. That we would go through this together, step by step and whatever we got we'd handle it with God's mercy and grace.

Stress, not my favorite thing to have going on in my life, but I know without a doubt that God is in control of my life and He doesn't give me more than He knows I can handle. God's word says "Have no fear of sudden disaster...For I will be at your side" Paraphrased Proverbs 3:25-26. So for now I know God is at my side and I'm not to be afraid.
Looks like I'll have a lot of blogs coming. For now, this will be the first of our long journey.

No comments: