Thursday, November 29, 2007

Holidaze

Wow, Where did the year go? I can't believe that we are hitting December already. I must have slept thru this year.

I sometimes get so caught up in the running around that I forget to stop and just think about what is the REAL idea of Christmas. I know it's the birth of Jesus, our Lord and Savior, but I get so distracted that I forget to remember that it's not about the gifts you give or the cookies I bake, but the Love I show for others during this season. That I remember that Jesus came to earth to walk and feel what we go through on a daily basis so that we can't say "He doesn't know how I feel or what I'm going through". Jesus felt every human emotion, He worked a job as a carpenter. He tried to get the truth out to the people who wouldn't listen to Him. He was persecuted by the people who said they loved Him. He suffered and died a horrific death all so that we can have a relationship with God.

I want to spend every day leading up to Christmas really reading the story of Christ and soaking up the true meaning of Christmas. I want to show Christ in my attitude and the way I relate to others during this month. I want to show love and kindness while driving, while waiting in line at the store and while talking to others. I want others to see "Christmas" in me. I don't just want to read the word, but to live the word in thought, word and action.

This is my first Christmas with my mom at my house. I want her to really experience Christmas with us. With Christ being the main focus. I hope that I can do all of that for her and my family. It's a big lofty goal, but I have my heart set on doing it.

No comments: