Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Cards


I love December!!! I wait all year long for December. You want to know why? Christmas Cards. Yep, I love going to the mailbox with the anticipation of getting just one Christmas card. I race Dean on the weekends to the mailbox. You should see us. Two old people with limps running across our front yard laughing and pushing trying to get to the mail first. I sneak out the front door, he runs to the garage and we try to get it first. I'm sure the neighbors think we're nuts, but I've got to tell you I wait all year long for this.


I love reading the long Christmas letters from friends that we made through the years. We get cards from people we went to high school with. We get cards from old employees Dean worked with when he graduated. We get cards from Oregon, New Mexico, Utah and now Florida friends that we went to church with. I love getting letters and cards. We get to see pictures of babies all grown up and going to college.


I hate the fact that more and more people aren't sending cards and are doing the e-cards. I feel those e-cards are so unpersonal. I think that we're starting to lose the effort of writing to each other. I love getting hand written cards from my friends. It makes me feel like the have taken the time to read cards until the found one that suited what they wanted to say to me. I love the fact that they took the time to sign it and address it with their handwriting.


I love praying over each card that I get. I take a card out and I pray for the family. I pray that they will feel God's love and presence that he will help them with any trials that come their way.


Christmas Cards.... LOVE THEM.

2 comments:

Laci Strickland said...

Me too! I love getting cards in the mail :) It was especially fun having a real "family" picture for this year's card! Love and miss you!

Laci

The Nassars said...

I totally understand what you are saying! I mean to write a "Christmas letter" every year, but I run out of time... And to get my family together for a picture for the card is like pulling teeth! But we get it done... hope you have a WONDERFUL New Year!!