Sunday, December 23, 2007

Favorite Christmas Movies

I love to watch Mirical on 34th Street. The old one in black and white. I love the fact that it tells us "If you only believe". You know the little girl has been told that Santa isn't real and she meets some friendly folks that tell her he is. And if she will only believe, her Christmas wish will come true. I love letting little kids believe in Santa for a little while. I think there is no harm in them believing that way. Especially if you truly celebrate the real meaning of Christmas... Which is JESUS' birth.

Which brings me to my Favorite Christmas Movie..... The Little Drummer Boy.
ahh... he is a little shepherd boy that has nothing of value except his little drum that he plays. And when he sees a brightly shining star he decides to follow it. He comes to the stable and sees the baby in a manger and all the people giving gifts but he doesn't have anything to give. So instead he goes and plays his drum for him. Love that movie, it makes me cry. Why? Because I'm that little drummer boy. I have nothing to give this baby in the manger. This baby who is the king of kings and lord of lords. This baby who has come to save me from my sins. This baby who offers me everything if only I would believe.

Do you believe? And..... What do you have to offer him? You know his gift is free. How many things in this life are free? All you have to do is BELIEVE like a little child and accept what He is offering. Peace, comfort, love, eternal life with Him, forgiveness of all you have done or are going to do.

What's your favorite Christmas movie and why?

2 comments:

The Nassars said...

Well, I have to say that the Muppets Christmas Carol is my favorite movie. Don't really know why, except that I like the story but most of them are a bit dark and gloomy. But you add Muppets and it's better!
No one at my house is willing to watch it with me anymore, so I find a day when no one is home and cuddle up and watct it by myself!

Dean and Mary said...

Never have seen that one. I bet it's way cute. I love the muppets. Kids just get to busy these days to love on their mama's. But I hope you enjoyed it by yourself. I sometimes like watching my movies by myself. That way I can enjoy them without interuption.