Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas with grandchildren *whew*


eden and her wrapping paper

Have I mentioned how exhausting it is to be a grandma? I had a great time shopping for the two munchkins in our family. And I feel like it went by in such a hurry. Don't know if I actually got to enjoy the event or not. Still chewing on it.

But it's extremely hard on us because we open our gifts on Christmas Eve and this year Ashley and Travis couldn't get Jullian until after 8:00 and it's an hour drive from his home in Winter Haven. So by the time they get here it's 9:00 PM and we have to hurry so that they can get home for sleep. I feel so sorry for him. He has to rush all Christmas morning because he has too many houses to go to. Divorce is so hard on the children.


So we had a hurried fun time watching the kids with their gifts. Eden loved the wrapping paper. She sat on Uncle Aaron's lap and watched for presents that she could open. I think the paper and the bows were here favorite thing to chew on.
Of course Jullian is great. He gets a gift and gives the giver a hug before he opens the present. He was a joy to watch this year. He can't wait to visit on Sunday so that he can play with his new soccer goals in Grandma's backyard. Uncle Adam bought him a hockey stick and some balls to go with the goals. I can't wait to watch the boys out in the backyard with the toys.
I can't believe my little girl is 6 months old already. Granny loves her tons and tons.

No comments: