Monday, March 10, 2008

Hospital Visit

Poor Eden!!!
She spent half the day yesterday at Brandon Hospital's ER. She didn't sleep at all Friday night and screamed all night. Then she ran a high fever for most of the day yesterday and was still crying uncontrollably. So Ashley decided to take her to the hospital to be checked out. When she got there her rectal fever was 103.7 she was limp and dehydrated. So they put her on an IV and took x-rays, blood and we waited. After three hours of a limp baby, we found out that she has hand, foot and mouth virus. Nothing they can give her just has to run it's course. She has open blisters down her throat. They say she can get a rash with this too. But so far we haven't seen one. Oh yeah, and as I was kissing her, the nurse came in and said it's contagious. ARGH!!!! Spread through kissing and body secretions. YIKES!!! I don't want it. But if I can take it from Eden I certainly would do it in a heart beat. Ashley took her home and I went to Walgreens to buy pedialite, baby motrin, mint mylanta and baby benadryl. I also got Ashley throat candy, since her throat was sore and very red. Don't know if we'll have her today or not. I hope Ashley stays home with her for one day. She still needs her mama.

Got to tell you it was no fun seeing Eden hooked up to an IV in her hand and she was so limp. Not a fun adventure. I didn't even have a camera to take a picture of my sweet baby.

2 comments:

Laci Strickland said...

Poor girl!! We'll be praying for Eden (and Ashley as she's caring for her) Hopefully it will pass quickly with out getting you two sick! Give Eden kisses (or hugs for now) for us!
Laci :)

Devin, Kelley, Austin, Connor, Emma, Molly, Zeuss, Camille, Whitley, Zoey, Lucas, Peyton, Saki, and M Buddy said...

I'll be praying for all three of you girls through this. Poor baby.