Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patricks Day

I love St. Patricks Day. Probably because my Grandma was Scotch/Irish and she loved taking me to see the Drum and Fife Corps. When I lived in Utah, Adam and I would always go watch the highland games at Murray Park. We would spend the day walking around the booths looking at all the coat of arms and trying to find ours. We loved eating the food and sitting on the grass and watching the bagpipe competions. I LOVE THE BAGPIPES and Drums. I miss Adam!!!

Yesterday I made our traditional corned beef and potato soup. I made sure to make enough in case the troops should decide to show up. Aaron called around three o'clock to see if Kelly came by to pick up his laundry. I said no. I asked if he was coming to eat and I told him what we were having. He showed up and Kelly came a little later. Ashley came at 5:30 to pick up Eden, I offered for her to stay but she said she needed to get home because Travis was coming home from North Carolina. Well, at 7:00, she called and asked if they too could come eat. So our usual quiet house was loud and noisy with the kids and their significant others. We had an Irish CD on the CD player and it was just nice to have the family together all but one.

When you don't think "traditions" are important, your realize the kids count on them. LOL I hope everyone else had a great St. Paddy's day. I sure did.

1 comment:

Laci Strickland said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! I love being with family- being this far away sure makes you appreciate what you had before!
Laci