Saturday, October 4, 2008

Great day!

Well, I woke up at 5:30 to go out to the garage and price things for our neighborhood garage sale. At about 7:00 am I opened the garage and started setting everything up. Ashley showed up at 8:00 am and brought her stuff and we sat there until 12:30. We didn't do too bad. We sold $165.00 worth of stuff and Ashley sold $100 so not too shabby for a Saturday. And I got to play with two of the cutest kids around. Jullian came over and played army with Grandma in the back yard. I don't think I've sprinted and run that much in a long time, but we had a ball. Eden came out back and we had her running up and down the back yard too. For those of you that have personally seen our yard you know it's a long ways to the fence and back. But we played hard out there for over an hour. Ashley had brought over one of Jullians things to sell at the garage sale and when he and Travis pulled up and he saw it there was no way we were going to sell his toy. He even offered to pay the price we were selling it for. Needless to say it went back to their house. I personally think it's a security thing with him since he's only there every other weekend. I understand why they thought they could sell it, but I understand Jullians reaction to it too.
Then we came in showered quick and sat and listened to Adam's football game on the computer. Great game, the Quakers did all they could, but they still lost. Bummer!! Adam had a great first half, but we didn't hear much about him after that. Well, he always calls after the games and he called and said that they had a 4 hour trip back home and then he's got an appointment at the ER to have X-rays taken of his hand. So here we sit waiting on the call about how bad his hand is. So if you get a chance to pray for him, please do. He's in a lot of pain, and it's very swollen. They think he's broken it under his big set of knuckles. He said the team doctor said surgery might have to happen this week. We'll keep you posted. It's hard to be this far away and have your kid go to the ER. We'll see him in two weeks, so I'll try and wait it out.
They are starting my mom on an in home nursing care program. She is getting worse and it's harder for her to move, so the doctor is sending people to monitor her more. So they come on Monday to get her enrolled in their program. I really think she needs to be admitted to a hospital, but she won't go. It's so tough to watch her suffer.

No comments: