Sunday, November 9, 2008

Busy Weekend!

Working Zoofari with the Village Inn team
Showcasing the pie selection for the night and Mary's decorating

When the boys from Village Inn Decorate, it's usually just a table with pies and spoons. So, this year I made them decorate their table . I went with the Patriotic theme considering the week, plus we all know Village Inn makes absolutely the best pies around.


Ok, Maybe our table location scared us at first due to Uhhh... the smell. But the quickly fixed the issue and the night went by quickly. Plus we had a baby elephant to watch run around looking for the banana's.



We went to Barnes and Nobel to see one of Kings Avenues teachers at her book signing. Yes, Ms. Sophia McMorris is an author. Her book is titled "Shattered But Not Broken". It was neat to see some of the parents and students there to support her work. Best Wishes. I hear she's already working on Book Number 2.
Adam had a great game yesterday. 10 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, and 1 forced fumble. And the Earlham Quakers won their 4th straight game. That's just great and we're pleased for Adam. Plus he had a great midterm report, so college is going well for him. He's been leading FCA every couple of months. Can't wait to see him in 11 days.
Dean sang with the men's choir today at church. They sang the Military services hymns. I always get quite choked up. Knowing Chris died while in the Army is always a little sad for us. Dean cried up there and so did I when they had someone play taps. I know he's home with the Lord, but I miss his cheery voice and the bantering we all did together. It's hard to lose someone so close. But the men sounded great!!
I've been struggling a lot this week with my blood sugar levels. I've been experiencing some serious effects this week. I've had it happen a couple of times before, but nothing like this. My body just starts to shake uncontrollably, my vision gets blurry, feelings of anxiety, suddenly feeling starved. I'm pretty sure it has to do with hypoglycemia. I can't get in to see the doctor until November 25th. So if you'll just keep me in your prayers I'd sure appreciate it. Yesterday's occurrence lasted far too long.




2 comments:

The Nassars said...

wow, Mrs McMorris and author! very cool! Can I get a copy at Barnes & Nobles?

Dean and Mary said...

It's cheaper online at publishamerica.com and then type in her name Sophia L. McMorris