Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We Can Count On Him

I was thinking the other day about what a whiner I've been lately. Kind of wallowing in self pity and depression. Between small group, church and reading my bible this week I've decided I can count on God. I may not be able to count on others for my self contentment and honest answers, but I can count on God.

Hebrews 13:8 says...
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

God is eternal, infinite, sovereign, omnipotent, omnisciet, omnipresent and immutable. In addition, He is perfect love, grace, patience, and compassion. He's holy, righteous, just and faithful. God is all of these things every day, all the time, and I can count on it because it says so in the Bible, and I believe the Bible to be absolutely true.

In my life, I've seen thousands of fads come and go, philosophies of life change like the weather, political systems overturned in revelutions. Nothings stays steady. Except God! The essence of His being is always the same: yesterday, today , and forever. We can trust Him and His word. If I live to be 110... I know I can count on Him.

No comments: