Well, it's the new year and I'm exhausted.
You see it all started with the week of Christmas and it's just been crazy busy ever since. We always do dinner on Christmas Eve for everyone. And so while everyone went off to Christmas Eve service, Mary stayed home and did some major cooking. We eat, wait for the others to show up and then about 9:15 we get to open gifts. Christmas day was busy because we had about 18 people in our house for Aaron & Kelly's wedding ceremony. Now I have to let you know we didn't know in advance that we were having a ceremony at our house. Yes... we found out on Tuesday that they were going to get married in front of our Christmas tree. I had already purchased all the food for our Christmas dinner so I didn't expect to have that many people. Needless to say we had enough ham, cheesy potatoes, vegies, rolls etc... for everyone that showed up and we even had extra left over. Is God good or what?
Then I took down the tree, and on Saturday I decided I'd paint the kitchen and living room. I started on Saturday afternoon and I finished the job on New Years Eve at about 4:00 pm. Then we went to the Rice's house and played some domino's until 11:15 pm and drove home. I painted from 8:00 am-5:00 pm everyday. Goodbye, blue. Hello Green. I have to say I love it!!
Cooked again for a crowd on New Years day so that we could watch the Rose Bowl. Sigh... we lost. Anyways, I've had this last 10 days off from watching our baby girl/Big girl now. And I'm exhausted. Today I got up at 7:00 (which is very late for me) and went to early service. I'm going to a Broadway play with Ashley today at 12:30, then it's off to bowling at 6:00 and Dean's Christmas party at 8:00.
To say the least, I think I'm ready for Eden to come back so I can rest.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Isn't that funny how we always use our "vacations" to do anything but rest..it's just so nice to have that time available to work on "to do" lists!
I got to do most of the things in my 'to do' list so I'm happy... we were supposed to go to the Caddells for dominos on New Year's Eve, but we had to cancel due to the home mess. :(
Hey, I have a brochure for you that tells you how Eden can get 1 free book a month until she turns 5. I will try to stop by the church today after work and leave it with Evelyn. If not today, definitely tomorrow...
So where are the pics of your new "green" walls? Of course you could just have another party and invite us all over (LOL)!
PS: Eric says he loves you! :) Me too!
Post a Comment