Our new path from the screen porch to the garage slab.
Our new landscape for the screen porch area. We had to dig up all the grass (what was left of it), and then plant the plants. Dean made the borders to keep the mulch in.
Of course can't forget to add Dean's office doors to the home repairs.We've been busy the last two months doing some work in the house and the yard. I feel pretty good about the accomplishments. We have a huge yard and anything we do will add to it. For the most part the back yard used to be orange groves, so it's just sand and weeds at the moment. We've slowly been adding some pieces to our landscape. I'm working on a butterfly garden area. I took a picture, but it turned out looking like a bunch of weeds, but I"m pretty proud of the effort. And the butterflies love me for planting the plants.
Dean of course added his office doors this year. Which look great and I'm thrilled with. Then last month we finally got the house painted. It's no longer salmon pink! Yeah, We painted it a nice green with cream trim. I love it. What a difference it made. In November/December we got our screen porch added to the house. We added two more concrete slabs and put on the screen porch. We now have our weights and bike on the porch. Dean has been faithful about using the equipment every day and has lost about 20lbs. I think I've gained his 20. Boo!!
And we had an area in the back that had the dog run, a bench and a birdbath out back. The birds love us, but it looked terrible. So we have put some vine to cover the dog run, planted two trees and some sea grass. I added some butterfly plants around the bird bath and Dean got some stones to make a small patio slab out there. It looks pretty good. We want to put weed preventing material down and then cover it with some pea gravel so it will finish that area off.
My next goal is saving enough money to buy a wood swing set for Eden and making a nice play area out back. We want to add some fast growing trees for shade back there since it's just open and sandy. So, the home improvements will continue, but for now I'm pretty please with what we've accomplished so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment